Body Waxing Orange County
Body Waxing Orange County
Groom & Smooth
Stubble and razor burn aren’t a good look, especially when you’re trying to look and feel your best at a big event, prep for an upcoming vacation or simply get in on a round of much-needed self-care.
Those seeking smooth and long-lasting results that only improve over time have turned to body waxing in Orange County. In the hands of a professional, you’ll be able to benefit from a key component of what makes body waxing such a popular hair removal option. With each additional service, the hair targeted grows back finer, with less regrowth to take care of at each appointment.
Shape up those eyebrows, take care of the peach fuzz on that upper lip and trust a bikini wax to experts who know how to handle those sensitive areas. No matter the area you’re looking to groom and smooth, we’re here for you and that confidence boost you need.
Are you ready to ditch the razor? Contact our team at the Med Lounge to book your body waxing appointment in Orange County today.
Benefits of Body Waxing
Frequently Asked Questions
For body waxing or bikini wax services, you’ll want to wait until your hair is about ¼ of an inch long before scheduling your appointment. For some, that may mean waiting for that hair to grow for a few weeks. You’ll thank us when you leave your appointment smooth, with little irritation.
Of course! Body waxing in Orange County is popular with both men and women. Men want smooth skin, too, and help with those hard-to-reach spots that could use some grooming.
Your appointment is customizable. You’ll talk with one of our professionals about areas of the body you’d like to target and smooth, and we’ll make it happen.
Before making your appointment, you’ll get some tips on how to help the process go smoothly and with less discomfort. That includes tips on how to treat your skin ahead of your appointment. Our pre-treatment instructions below give you a primer on what to expect.
How painful your body waxing will be really depends on your tolerance for discomfort. Talk to your provider if you’re worried about pain during your appointment. They may recommend an over-the-counter pain reliever the day of your treatment or a numbing cream the day of.
Some areas of the skin are more sensitive than others, too. The best way to avoid discomfort during and after your treatment is to make sure you’re only booking with a professional who is skilled in body waxing. Our providers at the Med Lounge know how to make sure your treatment is efficient, effective and as comfortable for you as possible.
You may experience some redness after your waxing appointment. For most, that redness goes away within a few hours after your service. Your provider will offer suggestions on exfoliating the area after your treatment, a key component in avoiding ingrown hairs.
If this is your first body waxing service, expect hair to start growing back in 3-4 weeks after your treatment. After multiple treatments, most begin to notice their hair growing back lighter and thinner, resulting in fewer appointments needed and less noticeable hair.
See the amazing difference in our clients, before and after treatment.
What to Expect With Body Waxing
For the best results and to reduce the chance of any side effects after your treatment, our experts at the Med Lounge have a few tips around what to expect with your body waxing in Ladera Ranch before and after your procedure.
- Take an over-the-counter pain reliever like ibuprofen about 20 minutes before your waxing appointment.
- Female clients who are extra skin sensitive around their monthly cycles should schedule their service two weeks after their cycle.
- Harsh skin cleansers and treatments that include salicylic or glycolic acid and anti-aging treatments that include retinol or Retin-A may cause adverse reactions on your skin post-waxing. Talk to your provider if you’re on a regular skin care regimen to prevent any skin lifting or excessive redness.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol in the days ahead of your appointment. Both can make your skin more sensitive and increase redness.
- Avoid perfumes, body scrubs and other exfoliants the day of your service that may leave your skin sensitive.
- If you’re not already shaving or trimming an area you’re targeting for body waxing, don’t start before your appointment. Your technician will handle any hair trimming if necessary.
- Come to your appointment clean, without any added lotions or moisturizers. That includes spray tans, which can lead to a patchy result. We’ll take care of the rest!
- Your skin may be extra sensitive after your treatment. Be gentle with it. If you had a service on your face, avoid touching the area for at least 24 hours to prevent breakouts.
- Wear loose clothing the day of and after your body waxing appointment. You want to avoid as much friction as possible and give your skin some breathing room.
- If you had a body treatment, including a Brazilian wax or leg waxing, exfoliate the area when the redness subsides.
- Avoid any intense workouts, steam treatments and extensive time in the sun the day of and after your treatment. You’re looking to avoid sweating too much and clogging those sensitive pores.
- Your technician will provide you with tips on how to avoid ingrown hairs after your service. This may include available beauty products. Keep the area clean and dry, particularly in the first few days after your treatment when it’s most vulnerable to bumps and blemishes.
- If you notice a few errant hairs in between waxing appointments, it’s okay to pluck those out with a pair of tweezers. Avoid reaching for the razor, though, as that can affect your hair regrowth.
- When you book your next appointment will depend on your hair regrowth. For most, that next booking comes around the 4-6 week mark. You should notice finer hair regrowth after each subsequent appointment.