Botox in Orange County
Botox in Orange County
Restore & Rejuvenate
Botox remains one of the most popular cosmetic treatments out there and has revolutionized the cosmetics industry when it comes to reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It’s a zero downtime way to temporarily eliminate crow’s feet, reduce forehead lines and give your brow or lip a subtle lift. This is on top of an array of potential applications for Botox that your provider will share with you. It’s ideal for those seeking natural-looking results that reduce wrinkles and fine lines over time.
Using minimally-invasive injections of botulinum toxin, Botox temporarily keeps muscle contractions at bay to begin your facial rejuvenation process. If you’re looking for Botox in Orange County or a regular treatment regimen to maintain your results looking fresh, look no further than the Med Lounge.
Benefits of Botox
Frequently Asked Questions
Botox is a botulinum toxin that temporarily paralyzes targeted muscles that cause wrinkles and fine lines. While it’s become more commonly used in the past fifteen years, the injectable has actually been around since 1989.
Whenever we move and contract our facial muscles, whether we’re squinting in the sunlight or beaming with joy, that can set the stage for wrinkles down the line. Wrinkles are difficult to prevent, as we lead dynamic lives that means dynamic facial expressions.
Botox works by relaxing and temporarily keeping those muscles from moving, preventing more wrinkling on top of what you’re already dealing with. As a result, Botox users enjoy smoother skin and, over time and with repeated treatments, fewer wrinkles overall.
Botox is the perfect cosmetic treatment for anyone looking to both smooth out existing wrinkles and fine lines or prevent wrinkles in targeted areas of the face. Botox can be used to treat crow’s feet, smooth frown lines, even give your brows a subtle lift.
It’s even the preferred treatment for many younger patients in their 20s and early 30s looking for preventative measures for wrinkles down the line. Botox can also be used to add a bit of fullness to a fine upper lip. This is also known as the lip flip, and it can be a more subtle lip enhancement than fillers.
Finally, Botox has several therapeutic uses, including preventing excessive sweating, eye spasms, overactive bladders and chronic migraines. It truly is an impressive injectable.
Part of the appeal of Botox is how quickly you can get in and out of the office for a treatment. Including a consultation to explore what you’re hoping to achieve with your Botox treatment, your entire appointment should be finished within 20 minutes.
As far as the treatment itself, most Botox fans report little pain during the procedure. If you’re sensitive to pain, a topical anesthetic can make your treatment more comfortable. Once it’s done, you’ll be free to go about your day without the downtime required with surgical procedures.
It’s quick and virtually painless for most, offering you noticeable results starting two to three days after your treatment.
It depends. At the Med Lounge, our pricing structure is based on the number of units you need to achieve your results. How much Botox you’ll need will depend on the areas you’re looking to treat and factors that vary from person to person. Someone with deep-set wrinkles between their eyebrows will need more units than someone looking to smooth out the appearance of fine lines around their lips.
If you’re not sure whether Botox is for you, consultations are free. We can develop a personalized plan, including pricing, that will have you feeling your best in no time.
For most people, Botox lasts about three months. It lends itself to a membership package, as routine maintenance can be a preventative for wrinkles down the line. Some consistent users find that their treatment can last up to 6 months.
See the amazing difference in our clients, before and after treatment.
What to Expect With Botox
For the best results and to reduce the chance of any side effects after your treatment, our experts at the Med Lounge have a few tips around what to expect with Botox before and after your procedure.
- Let your doctor know if you have a history of cold sores. You’ll need a prescription to get rid of any active infection or prevent an infection after your treatment.
- Avoid any anti-inflammatories or blood-thinning medications up to two weeks before your treatment. Those include but aren’t limited to aspirin, Motrin, ibuprofen, and Aleve. If you take daily aspirin for a history of heart disease, talk to your doctor before stopping your aspirin routine.
- Avoid any herbal supplements up to two weeks before your treatment. Those include but aren’t limited to garlic, ginseng, vitamin E, omega-3, fish oil, ginkgo biloba and St. John’s Wort.
- Try to avoid scheduling any special events in the two weeks after your Botox injections. Some Botox patients report swelling and bruising in treatment areas, which will subside within a few days in most cases.
- Avoid drinking alcohol the week of your treatment.
- Consider taking Arnica tablets several days ahead of your treatment. Arnica could help prevent bruising at your injection sites.
- Arrive at your appointment fresh-faced. That means no makeup and no topical creams. Your provider would remove anything you’ve applied anyway ahead of your Botox injections.
- Avoid touching or massaging your face in the first 4 hours after your Botox injections.
- Your provider may suggest facial exercises in the 30 minutes after your treatment to allow the injections to work their way into the targeted muscles. This can look like frowning or squinting and is about as intense a workout as you should have for at least 4 hours after treatment.
- While you’re at it, avoid any heavy lifting, saunas or anything that will strain your muscles too intensely in the 4 hours after treatment.
- Avoid applying makeup to your face the day of your treatment. The new fresh-faced you won’t need it anyway. If you had Botox injections in your forehead or between your eyebrows, avoid hats or headbands the day of your treatment, as well.
- Some swelling or redness is a normal reaction and should resolve within a few days after treatment.
- Give yourself at least two weeks before any facials or additional cosmetic treatments. Allow up to 10 days for full results to take effect before calling your doctor’s office for a touchup of injections.
- Call your doctor if you have any serious side effects, such as increased pain or swelling, muscle weakness or breathing problems. Some redness, swelling or bruising at the injection site is all normal and temporary.