Dermal Fillers in Orange County
Dermal Fillers in Orange County
Rejuvenate & Add Volume
Dermal fillers treatments are one of the best ways to add or restore volume where it needs to be. From a plumper pout to fuller cheeks, the results of fillers are immediate and impressive. At the Med Lounge, we exclusively use hyaluronic acid-based JUVÉDERM, the best facial filler offering the instant results you crave. Reactions are rare as what we’re using is naturally occurring in the body. And dermal fillers come with the added benefit of a collagen boost to improve effects over time.
Our expert team at the Med Lounge offers dermal fillers in Orange County that will add volume where you need it and improve the look and feel of your skin.
Benefits of Dermal Fillers
Frequently Asked Questions
JUVÉDERM dermal fillers can be used for:
- Filling out cheeks
- Plumping up lips
- Filling in smile lines
- Improving skin elasticity
- Defining the chin and jawline
- Reducing acne scarring
- Improving hollow areas under eyes
Whether you’re noticing the effects of aging or are just looking to enhance your natural features, Dermal fillers work by injecting hyaluronic acid into areas of facial contours that lack volume. Hyaluronic acid is already naturally occurring in the body and mimics how collagen settles underneath your skin. The procedure also boosts collagen production, giving you longer-lasting results that continue to improve over time.
At the Med Lounge, we use what we know to be the best facial filler: JUVÉDERM.
That said, there are some variations even when it comes to that brand. Each JUVÉDERM product will vary somewhat in its viscosity and strength. The dosages we recommend are based on the product you choose for your treatment.
JUVÉDERM products we offer at the Med Lounge include:
- JUVÉDERM XC: Smooth smile lines and wrinkles around your nose and mouth.
- JUVÉDERM Ultra & Ultra Plus XC: Give your lips that sexy fullness or smooth moderate to severe smile lines.
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA XC: Subtly boost your lip volume with lip injections and soften vertical lip lines.
- JUVÉDERM VOLLURE XC: Soften moderate to severe fine lines and wrinkles.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC: Plump up flat cheeks for a more elevated, youthful look.
If you’re unsure about the right product for your goals, come in for a consultation. Our staff will help you decide based on what you’re looking to accomplish with your cosmetic treatment. That may even mean a combination treatment with Botox or choosing Botox injections instead.
Most JUVÉDERM dermal filler appointments only last 15-20 minutes. Once you’re done, there’s zero downtime, allowing you to go about your day right out of the office.
The treatment itself is non-invasive, and many patients compare the pain level to a Botox treatment. Injections are quick and precise, but there can be some discomfort when working with more sensitive areas of the face. If you’re particularly sensitive to pain, talk to our staff. We can put you at ease with the ways we manage our patients’ comfort during the procedure. At Med Lounge, we use topical anesthetics and a numbing agent where the injections take place. If you choose to go with JUVÉDERM XC, those products already contain lidocaine to manage any discomfort with your treatment effectively.
There is a wide range of timelines regarding what to expect out of your dermal fillers. The type of filler used, the area of the face you’re targeting, and your daily habits all contribute to how long dermal fillers will last. Most should expect their fillers to last between 9 months to a year, with some fillers lasting even up to two years.
JUVÉDERM fillers use hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the body. This means there is a near-zero risk of an allergic reaction when using these dermal fillers. Mild side effects are rare, but some patients experience redness, swelling or bruising at the injection sites. More severe side effects are even less common but can include lumps, infections or skin discoloration.
If you’re pregnant or breastfeeding, suffer from a neurological disorder or have a known allergy to any of the listed ingredients, you should not have dermal fillers.
The best way to ensure a smooth treatment is to go with an experienced treatment provider. Our well-trained staff is ready to give you the dermal filler before and after you’re envisioning right now. If for whatever reason, you’re unhappy with your dermal fillers, they’re also reversible. We can safely dissolve your fillers at your next appointment.
See the amazing difference in our clients, before and after treatment.
Ashlyn – Chin
Avi – Chin
Dylan – Chin
Laura – Facial Wrinkles & Lines
Diana – Lips
Michael – Smile Lines
What to Expect With Dermal Fillers
For the best results and to reduce the chance of any side effects after your treatment, our experts at the Med Lounge have a few tips around what to expect with dermal fillers before and after your procedure.
- Let your doctor know if you have a history of cold sores. You’ll need a prescription to get rid of any active infection or prevent an infection after your treatment.
- Avoid any anti-inflammatories or blood-thinning medications up to two weeks before your treatment. Those include but aren’t limited to aspirin, Motrin, ibuprofen, and Aleve. If you take daily aspirin for a history of heart disease, talk to your doctor before stopping your aspirin routine.
- Avoid any herbal supplements up to two weeks before your treatment. Those include but aren’t limited to garlic, ginseng, vitamin E, omega-3, fish oil, ginkgo biloba and St. John’s Wort.
- Give your filler at least two weeks to settle and allow for any bruising or swelling to go away before scheduling any special events.
- Avoid drinking alcohol the week of your treatment.
- Consider taking Arnica tablets several days ahead of your treatment. Arnica could help prevent bruising at your injection sites.
- Be gentle with your face in the days approaching your treatment. That means no bleaching, waxing or tweezing. Avoid topical products and anti-aging serums. Go natural for the time being so that your skin isn’t more sensitive than usual.
- Avoid spending too much time out in the sun for the first few days post-treatment. Don’t forget to apply sunscreen whenever you go out, even well after the initial treatment phase.
- Avoid touching or massaging your face for the first 24 hours after your fillers.
- Some swelling or redness is a normal reaction. For any discomfort, you can take acetaminophen and gently apply a cool compress to any tender spots for about 10 minutes every hour.
- Try sleeping face up and slightly elevated in the first few nights after treatment.
- Avoid alcohol, strenuous exercise and any heavy lifting for the first 24 hours after your treatment. This can all cause additional bruising, extending your healing time.
- Give yourself at least four weeks between fillers and any additional cosmetic treatments.
- Call your doctor if you have any serious side effects, such as severe pain, fever or skin discoloration, or if you’re unhappy with your results. Dermal fillers are reversible, but you’ll want to give your treatment a few days to settle before making a decision. More likely than not, you’ll be showing off that subtle new glow in no time.