Dysport in Orange County
Dysport in Orange County
Soften & Smooth
Over time, the way you move your face, including a frown or that scrunched-up skeptical look, can cause wrinkles and fine lines. There’s a fix for that, even if other cosmetic treatments have failed you. Dysport injections are a natural-looking cosmetic treatment targeting moderate to severe frown lines in between the eyebrows, also known as “11’s”.
Dysport is a prescription injectable that works by targeting the areas of the forehead that cause those wrinkles in the first place. The injections temporarily prevent those facial muscles from contracting, smoothing out your skin and softening your forehead. The immediate results are subtle but will only improve over time.
If you’re interested in natural-looking results, our expert team at the Med Lounge offers Dysport in Orange County that will leave you looking fresh-faced and feeling like a younger version of yourself.
Benefits of Dysport
Frequently Asked Questions
Dysport is a prescription injection of botulinum toxin — not unlike Botox — used to treat moderate to severe frown lines in between the eyebrows.
Your provider will inject Dysport into five spots between your eyebrows or your glabellar lines, essentially in a V-shaped formation. Those injection sites are strategic. It’s where you’re most likely to scrunch up your face when you frown or squint, causing deep-set wrinkles over time.
This is where the magic happens. The injections work by temporarily preventing muscle contractions in those targeted spots on your forehead. Reducing the activities that cause wrinkles also means fewer wrinkles over time and natural-looking results that leave you looking fresh-faced.
Dysport injections are best in patients under 65 who haven’t had luck improving moderate to severe wrinkles between the eyebrows. Dysport treatment is also for the low-maintenance crowd. There is zero downtime associated with Dysport injections, and any visible marks that you had anything done at all are very temporary.
Your results, though, are long-lasting.
Most will see improvement in 2-3 days after their treatment. Considering your treatment will only take 10-20 minutes tops, that’s an impressive turnaround time. Again, most will go about their day right after treatment, as Dysport is a minimally invasive, non-surgical way to address those stubborn wrinkles.x
Dysport is similar to Botox in that both can be used to treat fine lines and wrinkles, and both are botulinum toxin injections. Dysport is primarily used to treat the area between the eyebrows or frown lines and works best in moderate to severe wrinkles. If you’d like to address fine lines and wrinkles in your forehead, crow’s feet, even areas of the lower face, Botox injections may be more appropriate.
The experts at the Med Lounge will match you up with the treatments you need to get the results you want.
Dysport injections last about three months in the average patient, but some will see results for 5-6 months. Subsequent treatments tend to last longer than the first round, and you may find your wrinkles improving over time as you continue receiving Dysport.
What to Expect With Dysport
For the best results and to reduce the chance of any side effects after your treatment, our experts at the Med Lounge have a few tips around what to expect with Dysport before and after your procedure.
- Let your doctor know if you have a history of cold sores. You’ll need a prescription to get rid of any active infection or prevent an infection after your treatment.
- Avoid any anti-inflammatories or blood-thinning medications up to two weeks before your treatment. Those include but aren’t limited to aspirin, Motrin, ibuprofen, and Aleve. If you take daily aspirin for a history of heart disease, talk to your doctor before stopping your aspirin routine.
- Avoid any herbal supplements up to two weeks before your treatment. Those include but aren’t limited to garlic, ginseng, vitamin E, omega-3, fish oil, ginkgo biloba and St. John’s Wort.
- Try to avoid scheduling any special events in the two weeks after your Dysport injections. Some patients report swelling and bruising in treatment areas, which will subside within a few days in most cases.
- Avoid drinking alcohol the week of your treatment.
- Consider taking Arnica tablets several days ahead of your treatment. Arnica could help prevent bruising at your injection site.
- Arrive at your appointment fresh-faced. That means no makeup and no topical creams. Your provider would remove anything you’ve applied anyway ahead of your Dysport injections.
- Avoid touching or massaging your face in the first 4 hours after your Dysport injections.
- Your provider may suggest facial exercises in the 30 minutes after your treatment to allow the injections to work their way into the targeted muscles. This can look like frowning or squinting and is about as intense a workout as you should have for at least 4 hours after treatment.
- While you’re at it, avoid any heavy lifting, saunas or anything that will strain your muscles too intensely in the 4 hours after treatment.
- Avoid applying makeup to your face the day of your treatment. The new fresh-faced you may not need it anyway. Avoid hats or headbands the day of your treatment, as well, or anything that would put pressure on your injection site.
- Some swelling or redness is a normal reaction and should resolve within a few days after treatment.
- Give yourself at least two weeks before any facials or additional cosmetic treatments. Allow up to 10 days for full results of your Dysport injections to take effect before calling your doctor’s office for a touchup of injections.
- Call your doctor if you have any severe side effects, such as increased pain or swelling, blisters or a severe skin rash. Some redness, swelling or bruising at the injection site is all normal and temporary.