Laser Hair Removal Orange County
Laser Hair Removal Orange County
You’ve tried everything to get rid of unwanted hair, especially in the most unwanted of places. You pluck, and you tweeze. You shave, and you wax. It’s a cycle that costs you money, and more importantly, costs you valuable time.
What if you could break that cycle with a better, more efficient solution to reducing unwanted hair?
Elite iQ laser hair removal is here for those smooth, long-lasting results you aren’t getting from traditional hair removal techniques. It’s a targeted approach to removing unwanted hair on your legs, face, underarms, and truly anywhere that hair has become a problem for you. It’s even used to address other skin imperfections, like sun damage, facial veins and skin discoloration.
Get rid of that peach fuzz on your face once and for all. Avoid another round of razor burn when you’re trying to get that bikini line beach ready. Ditch your razor and get your underarms fuzz-free for good.Elite iQ is the laser hair removal Orange County has been waiting for. Contact our expert team at the Med Lounge to embrace the power of the laser.
Benefits of Elite iQ
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The Elite iQ laser hair removal system uses Skintel technology, or a melanin reader, to essentially “read” your skin tone and come up with the perfect setting for you. This is what makes Elite iQ so perfect for all skin types and skin tones.
Once your provider has the appropriate setting in place, a handheld laser device sends beams straight to the source: your hair follicles. That heat causes those hair follicles to stop in their tracks, disabling them from further growth. The result is smoother, softer skin and impressive overall hair reduction that you just won’t see with other methods.
Traditionally, the ideal candidate for laser hair removal had light skin and dark, coarse hair. That isn’t necessarily true with Elite iQ. While dark hair is certainly easier to target when it comes to your hair follicles, Elite iQ is appropriate for any skin tone and any hair texture.
As long as you are not pregnant or nursing, anyone looking to get rid of unwanted hair is a candidate for Elite iQ.
Laser hair removal can be uncomfortable for some, although many fans of Elite iQ feel minimal discomfort during treatments. Some find that laser hair removal feels like a stinging sensation and is less painful than waxing. If your treatment area is more sensitive, talk to your provider about potential pain management techniques, like numbing creams.
The bonus of Elite iQ is that treatments are efficient and usually over within 30 minutes. Your provider also won’t linger in any one area for too long, giving you a break if you’re feeling any discomfort in a targeted spot.
The number of hair removal treatments you’ll need will depend on your unique treatment plan, although most will benefit from anywhere between 3-6 treatments. Touchup treatments may be needed months after your last session if you don’t like the regrowth you’re seeing. Most fans of Elite iQ find that those gaps between sessions get longer and longer with additional laser treatments.
Larger treatment areas will likely require more treatments, on top of the fact that one treatment alone won’t hit hair growing across all of its various stages. Your provider at the Med Lounge can talk you through a plan to tackle your skin goals effectively and in the most efficient way possible.
What to Expect With Elite iQ Laser Hair Removal
- Let your doctor know if you have a history of cold sores if you will be receiving a treatment on your face. You’ll need a prescription to get rid of any active infection or prevent an infection after your treatment.
- Don’t wax or tweeze up to six weeks before your Elite iQ laser hair removal. You want the lasers to see your hair follicles, and any pulling from the root can mean additional treatments needed down the line.
- Avoid any additional laser treatments or chemical peels to targeted areas in the two weeks before and after your laser hair removal.
- Avoid sun exposure in the two weeks before your treatment. Sunburned skin is irritated skin, and coming to a session with a sunburn will likely mean your session will be rescheduled.
- Be gentle with your skin in the week before your treatment. Avoid harsh cleansers, acne treatments and retinoids/retinols.
- Targeted skin should be clean-shaven to allow the Elite iQ device to do its work in coming up with a treatment setting for you.
- Your provider will clean the targeted area, but avoid applying any makeup, lotions or deodorants to any sites that will be treated ahead of your laser hair removal.
- Treatments don’t require any downtime, but be gentle with your skin in the days that follow. Avoid shaving the treatment areas for at least three days post-treatment.
- Set aside your regular exfoliating routines for up to five days after your laser hair removal. Don’t scrub the treatment areas during that period.
- Avoid sun exposure in the two weeks following your treatment.
- You may experience some skin irritation after your laser hair removal. Your provider will give you a soothing lotion to use to reduce irritation and recommend other ways to soothe irritated skin.
- Contact your provider if you experience more serious side effects like blistering, swelling, or rashes at the treatment site.
- Your hair may continue to shed for up to 2 weeks after your treatment. This is normal and not new hair growth.
- Following your treatment plan from your provider will lead to the best results. Most will need at least three laser hair removal sessions for optimal results as hair grows in stages.