Benefits of HydraFacial
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A HydraFacial is a 3-step cleansing, exfoliating and hydrating cosmetic treatment that addresses various skin issues for many skin types. The mechanized wand used in the treatment is gentler on your skin than most traditional facials but offers a deeper, more intense cleanse at the same time.
HydraFacial is also customizable, particularly when it comes to the serums used to seal the treatment’s effects. Your provider will develop a strategy for your HydraFacial based on your skin’s needs at the time of your appointment and what you’re looking to improve about your skin.
The benefits you should expect from HydraFacial are tailored to your unique skin needs. A HydraFacial can temporarily reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, brighten your skin and reduce discoloration, improve elasticity and even out your skin’s tone and texture.
The treatment’s exfoliating effects can improve the appearance of enlarged pores, reduce acne breakouts, reduce oiliness in the skin and allow your provider to deliver healing serum deep into the skin.
The end result is a new, refreshed you and that glow you’ve been missing before your first HydraFacial.
Facials are a great way to treat your skin to some pampering but some can be harsh on your face. Facials that include extractions can leave your skin feeling like it’s been through something not-so-gentle, with resulting redness.
A HydraFacial is kinder and gentler to your face, as your provider will be delivering a healthy dose of moisture while doing the exfoliating that removes dead skin and those unwanted impurities in the skin. The mechanical wand used in the process is tailored to your needs and used to prevent irritation and redness post-procedure.
While you may feel pressure as the wand does its magic, a HydraFacial is a painless cosmetic treatment. If you have any active skin issues, like an active rash or bad acne breakout, you’ll want to talk to your provider about whether the treatment is right for you at that moment.
How often you should get a HydraFacial will depend on your skin’s needs and the treatment plan for your skin. Many see benefits getting a treatment about once a month. Your provider will help you come up with a frequency plan that will benefit you best.
The new luminous you should see results for about 4-6 weeks after your HydraFacial. Taking care of your skin in between maintenance sessions will extend your results and have your skin looking and feeling its best.
What to Expect With HydraFacial
- Your provider will share an ideal skincare routine with you ahead of your facial. Treatment plans are customized. Following your provider’s recommendations will give your skin the base it needs for the best results after your HydraFacial.
- Talk to your provider if you’re using or have used acne products that include isotretinoin. You may be asked to reschedule your appointment if you’re still using those products.
- Drink plenty of water in the days leading up to your HydraFacial. Hydrated skin is healthy skin and could improve the results of your facial.
- Limit any additional facials treatments in the two weeks before your HydraFacial. That includes chemical peels and laser treatments that may leave your skin more sensitive.
- Talk to your provider if you’re on a regular cosmetic treatment regimen that includes procedures like Botox or dermal fillers. Your provider will be able to work around your regular treatment schedule and come up with a plan that will get you the best results.
- Avoid any topical treatments — that includes retinoids, exfoliants, topical antibiotics and acids — that may leave your skin more sensitive for at least two days before your HydraFacial.
- Try to avoid too much sun exposure for at least three days before your treatment. You don’t want to come to your appointment with a sunburn, which would leave your skin more sensitive to what should be a relaxing experience for you.
- Avoid waxing or using any hair removal products for at least two days ahead of your treatment. Men getting HydraFacials should avoid shaving the day of their treatment.
- Your provider will be deep cleaning your skin as part of your treatment, but you’ll want to arrive at your appointment fresh-faced.
- Your provider will recommend cleansers, serums and lotions in the days after your HydraFacial. To extend the life of your results, follow your recommended treatment plan.
- Talk to your provider about when you should return to your regular skincare routine. If you’ve been using retinol, regular exfoliants or acne medications, you’ll likely be asked to avoid them for at least 48 hours post-treatment.
- Avoid waxing or using any hair removal products for at least two days after your treatment.
- Avoid exposure to extreme heat, like in saunas or hot tubs, in the 24 hours after treatment.
- Try to keep yourself fresh-faced in the hours after your treatment. You should be fine returning to your regular makeup routine the day after.
- Avoid any direct sun exposure or lengthy time in the sun in the three days after your treatment. Wear an SPF 30 or higher daily when you’re out in the sun after that point.
- Keep yourself well-hydrated after your treatment. Well-hydrated skin is healthier skin and will improve the longevity of your HydraFacial.
- Limit any additional cosmetic treatments like chemical peels or laser treatments in the two weeks after your HydraFacial.
- A perk of HydraFacials is that you won’t experience any downtime. You should be able to return to your regular day-to-day activities after your appointment.