IPL Treatments in Orange County
Custom laser treatments to rejuvenate your skin
IPL photofacial treatments use medical-grade, non-invasive ICON™ technology to support various skin tones and types. Through intense pulse light therapy (IPL), we can treat many skin conditions and cosmetic concerns without irritating the skin’s surface. There is no downtime, and you’ll see a gradual improvement in the weeks following an IPL skin treatment.
If you’re looking for an innovative way to safely treat a skin concern, schedule a consultation with Med Lounge. We’re able to provide custom treatments for the following conditions:
- Age spots
- Birthmarks and freckles
- Broken blood vessels
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Large pores
- Spider veins
- Stretch marks
- Sun damage
- Unwanted hair
Visit Med Lounge in Orange County to rejuvenate your skin with IPL therapy!
Benefits of IPL Therapy
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Your results should last between 12 and 18 months. At that point, you can come back for a touch-up treatment if you haven’t already.
Reducing sun exposure in the treatment area can improve and extend your results.
IPL treatment is appropriate for most people unless they are pregnant or have taken strong antibiotics to treat acne (Accutane, e.g.) in the past six months.
What to Expect from IPL Laser Treatments
- Do not tan before an IPL treatment. You should avoid sun exposure, tanning beds, and tanning creams for four weeks before your appointment for the best results.
- Don’t wax, get a chemical peel or receive collagen shots for two weeks before IPL.
- Avoid wearing perfume, makeup, deodorant, or any skin irritants to your appointment.
- Avoid taking drugs like aspirin or ibuprofen that increase your bleeding risk.
- Don’t take any medication that could make your skin sun-sensitive, such as the antibiotic doxycycline.
- Before treatment, a technician will rub cool gel on your cleansed skin. We’ll provide dark glasses to protect your eyes.
- Expect your session to last 20 or 30 minutes. Larger areas could run an hour or longer.
- Most patients are OK with the light pulses, but you might feel a minor sting. You may feel like someone is snapping a rubber band on you. If this concerns you, you can apply numbing cream 30-60 minutes before your treatment begins.
- You will be able to return to regular activities right away. However, you may need to adjust your skincare routine temporarily. Your provider will advise you at your appointment.
- Most patients see significant improvement within two to three weeks after an IPL skin treatment. The progress will be gradual.
- You may feel a sunburn sensation for 4-6 hours after your appointment. Applying ice packs or a cool washcloth to the area can help ease the symptoms.
- You may notice your skin appearing red, swollen or bruised for up to 48 hours. This initial reaction is normal.
- If your skin is sensitive, avoid using hot water until it heals.
- Signs of sun damage and brown spots temporarily darken. They will fade and peel off within a few weeks.
- Don’t use makeup on sensitive skin.
- Use plenty of moisturizing lotion.
- Shield your skin with sunscreen. It must be at least SPF 30 and have a physical blocker like zinc. Reapply it every 2 hours, even on cloudy days.
- Use a face cleanser for sensitive skin.