Shape & Sculpt
Kybella is a targeted fat cell destroyer that tackles that age-old problem of getting rid of chin fat. It’s most popular for dissolving submental fullness or the area beneath your chin that causes saggy jowls and that dreaded double chin. The key to Kybella is in its formula. It’s a synthetic, human-made form of deoxycholic acid, naturally occurring bile that aids in the breakdown of fatty tissue in the body.
When injected into problem spots like that double chin and others—think love handles and bra bulges—it dissolves fat cells in those areas through repeated treatments spaced out over time. What you’re left with are long-lasting results. Those fat cells don’t come back. If you’re interested in learning more about Kybella in Orange County, talk to the experts at the Med Lounge. Face, neck or chin—we can help you attack those problem areas with gusto, once and for all.
Benefits of Botox
Frequently Asked Questions
Kybellais an injectable treatment that targets the fat cells underneath your chin or the submental area. Using a synthetic form of deoxycholic acid, the nonsurgical cosmetic treatment dissolves pockets of fat with impressive precision.
The injectable used in Kybella is a synthetic form of deoxycholic acid, a naturally-occurring bile acid in the body that aids in the breakdown of fatty tissue. When injected into the submental area of the chin or other targeted problem areas, it destroys the fall cells in those areas for good.
Over time and over a number treatments — your provider will likely recommend between 2-4 for optimal results — the injectable keeps those targeted areas from storing or accumulating fat. All that you’re left with is your desired result.
Kybella is ideal for patients looking to target stubborn pockets of fat where traditional methods haven’t been successful. The double chin is the most popular area to treat, but there are other problem spots that have been proven Kybella-worthy:
- Bra bulge
- Love handles
- Knee fat
- Lower abdomen
Former liposuction or C-section patients have also turned to Kybella to reduce bulges or pockets of fat as a result of those surgeries. Kybella is also a wonder for those close to their personal goal weight, especially if they’re having difficulties targeting fat loss in problem areas.
If you’re looking to treat larger areas, experts at the Med Lounge can help you decide on nonsurgical alternatives that may better meet your needs over Kybella. If you’re pregnant, may become pregnant or are currently breastfeeding, you should not be receiving Kybella injections.
Before your treatment session, your physician will mark where your injections will go. They will then numb the area to weaken any potential discomfort. Some patients report a burning sensation during their treatment. The treatment itself will take around 15 minutes from start to finish.
Treatments will be scheduled every 4-6 weeks, depending on your injection sites and personalized treatment plan. That treatment plan will determine your Kybella cost. Expect 2-4 treatments for optimal results.
Kybella is very safe. Synthetic deoxycholic acid mimics naturally-produced acids in your body, reducing the chance for reactions post-treatment. Kybella is FDA-approved for use in targeted fat cell reduction in the chin area and has been used globally for years in destroying fat cells in problem spots.
Some swelling is expected post-treatment, but that subsides over time. Pain and redness can usually be managed with over-the-counter pain medications and ice packs to the injection site.
Kybella dissolves fat cells at the injection sites, so results are meant to be long-lasting. Those fat cells don’t come back. They’re destroyed in the process. Once you reach your desired results with Kybella, it’s not expected that you’ll need to return for additional treatments.
See the amazing difference in our clients, before and after treatment.
Click the image to see an enlarged preview.
What to Expect With Kybella
For the best results and to reduce the chance of any side effects after your treatment, our experts at the Med Lounge in Orange County have a few tips around what to expect with Kybella before and after your procedure.
- Avoid any anti-inflammatories or blood-thinning medications up to two weeks before your treatment. Those include but aren’t limited to: aspirin, Motrin, ibuprofen, and Aleve. If you take daily aspirin for a history of heart disease, talk to your doctor before stopping your aspirin routine.
- Try to avoid scheduling any special events in the two weeks after your Kybella injections. Some swelling in the targeted areas is expected. It’s natural and temporary.
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol and high sodium foods at least 48 hours before and 48 hours after your treatment to avoid increased swelling or irritation at the injection sites.
- Come to your appointment well-hydrated. Drink plenty of water in the days leading up to your Kybella injections.
- Consider taking Arnica tablets several days ahead of your treatment. Arnica could help prevent swelling at your injection sites.
- Come to your appointment fresh-faced if you’re receiving injections in and around the face. That means no lotions, creams or makeup at the treatment sites.
- Talk to your provider if you’ve had any cosmetic treatments within the last 14 days before your Kybella treatment. Share a complete medical history, particularly if you’ve had surgeries on your chin, jaw or neck.
- Avoid rubbing or massaging your face the day after your Kybella treatment.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water in the days following your treatment.
- To reduce swelling, apply a cold compress or ice pack to the targeted areas for 20 minutes at a time every hour in the 24 hours after your treatment.
- If you’re feeling some discomfort, take an over-the-counter painkiller or acetaminophen to help you feel better.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and intense sun exposure for up to 5 days after your treatment. Rest and relax instead. If you’ve planned any naps, it’s recommended that you sleep on your back with your head elevated for at least three days after treatment.
- If it’s your first round of injections, your provider will schedule a series of Kybella injections for maximum benefit. Stick to the schedule your provider shares with you for ideal results.
- Call your doctor if you have any serious side effects, such as increased pain or swelling, muscle weakness or difficulty swallowing. Some swelling at the injection site is all normal and temporary.