Radiofrequency (RF) Microneedling
Radiofrequency (RF) Microneedling
Rebuild & Restore
Rejuvenate the skin you’re in with radiofrequency (RF) microneedling, a cosmetic procedure that enhances the power of traditional microneedling. This revolutionary cosmetic treatment uses a microneedling device to kickstart your skin’s natural healing process through controlled pinpricks to areas of concern. Once they break through the skin, those tiny needles kick your skin’s collagen production into gear, leaving your skin with a more vibrant, healthier appearance.
The added benefit here is RF energy which is delivered into deeper layers of the skin. Collagen production is increased, and your body’s healing response is improved, allowing for a greater overall level of accuracy and effectiveness in targeted areas of the skin.
Reduce fine lines and wrinkles, tighten up loose skin and improve skin imperfections like stretch marks, sun damage, acne scarring or surgery scars that certainly haven’t brought you joy. Reduce the appearance of your pores, and improve an uneven skin tone. Restore your skin to a more youthful you.
If you’re ready to explore what RF microneedling in Orange County can do for you, contact our experts at the Med Lounge. We can develop a treatment plan for you to help get your skin to where you’d like it to be.
Benefits of RF Microneedling
Watch the video below to learn more and to see if Microneedling is right for you:
Frequently Asked Questions
Microneedling, also known as skin needling or collagen induction therapy, is a cosmetic treatment that uses your body’s natural healing response to boost collagen production. Tiny needles penetrate the surface of the skin to get your body’s healing response started, a process that allows your skin to repair and restore in a targeted way.
RF microneedling is an improvement on the traditional microneedling process. Waves of energy are sent deeper into the skin, promoting not only a warming effect but improving your body’s collagen production and healing response.
Yes, microneedling with radiofrequency works and is extremely effective. The addition of radiofrequency energy to microneedling treatments improves the procedure’s efficiency, allowing for your provider to penetrate deeper into the skin.
Ideal candidates for RF microneedling are looking to reduce the appearance of minor skin imperfections where other methods have failed. The treatment is suitable for all skin types.
RF microneedling uses your body’s natural healing processes to your advantage. Using a form of controlled skin injury and the power of RF energy to penetrate beyond the skin’s surface, the treatment has various applications to improve your skin’s appearance including:
- Reduces the appearance of aging with the treatment’s skin tightening effects.
- Reverses damage to your skin from years of acne, sun exposure or surgical scarring.
- Restores brightness to your skin and improves skin discoloration or an uneven skin texture.
Patience is key with RF microneedling. While you may see some immediate results following your first treatment, complete results are usually expected around the 12-week mark after your last treatment. You want to give your body time to not only heal but to benefit from that triggered collagen production.
Your course of treatment will depend on your skin goals. Younger patients may only schedule a treatment or two to improve the appearance of minor skin imperfections. Most benefit from 3-4 sessions spaced 4-6 weeks apart for optimal results. Our Med Lounge staff can work with you on a treatment plan that will address your unique skin goals and leave your skin looking rejuvenated and refreshed.
How long your results will last depends on your treatment program. Many patients see results lasting upwards of a year, with touchup treatments scheduled beyond that point to maintain results.
A more intense treatment program may lead to longer-lasting results. Treating your skin well — that means wearing sunscreen whenever you head outside, for starters — will also help maintain results and prevent further damage to your skin.
What to Expect With RF Microneedling
For the best results and to reduce the chance of any side effects after your treatment, our experts at the Med Lounge have a few tips around what to expect with RF microneedling before and after your procedure.
- Let your doctor know if you have a history of cold sores. You’ll need a prescription to get rid of any active infection or prevent an infection after your treatment.
- Anyone with active skin infections should not be considering RF microneedling treatments until that infection has completely cleared up.
- Let your doctor know if you are taking any blood-thinning medications before your treatment. You should avoid any anti-inflammatories or blood-thinning medications for up to three days ahead of your RF microneedling procedure, as you could be putting yourself at risk for an increase in bleeding or bruising.
- Try to avoid too much sun in the two weeks before your treatment. You don’t want to come to your appointment with a sunburn, which would leave your skin more sensitive.
- Avoid any topical treatments — that includes retinoids, exfoliants, topical antibiotics and acids — that may leave your skin more sensitive in the week before your RF microneedling procedure.
- Come to your appointment fresh-faced. Your provider will be cleansing your skin before applying a topical numbing agent regardless.
- Drink plenty of water in the days leading up to your RF microneedling treatment. Hydrated skin is healthy skin.
- Bump up the hydration for at least three days post-treatment. Well-hydrated skin is healthier skin, and keeping yourself hydrated will boost your body’s healing processes.
- Avoid intense exercise or exposure to extreme heat, like in saunas or hot tubs, in the 48 hours after treatment.
- Avoid any direct sun exposure or lengthy time in the sun in the week after your treatment. You shouldn’t wear sunscreen at all in the 24 hours post-treatment but can apply it after that point if you must spend any time outside.
- Stay fresh-faced in the 48 hours after your treatment. That means no makeup and no additional serums, lotions or astringents that your provider doesn’t recommend.
- Some redness and swelling is normal post-procedure. It may feel like a sunburn. This is normal and should go away within three days. Cool packs can help reduce some of that discomfort in the first day or so after your RF microneedling procedure.
- Dry, tight skin is normal after your treatment as well. Acne breakouts may happen as your skin begins to heal and purge toxins. Ask your provider about skincare products that can help provide some relief in the days after your treatment.
- Talk to your provider immediately if you’re experiencing more severe side effects like excessive bruising or signs of infection.