Weight loss becomes difficult as you age, but it can impact your mood, energy levels, mobility, and more. You could be at risk for various chronic conditions affecting your longevity.
It isn’t always easy to identify the cause of weight gain. There may be something underlying increasing the numbers on your scale. In some cases, it may be a hormonal imbalance. Alone, you may not have the tools to combat a slow metabolism over the years.
At Med Lounge, we use tools from OptimizeU, a national leader in healthy aging, to look at the root causes of weight gain and other ailments that affect your well-being. We want to work with you to build healthy habits for the long term and to identify those missing pieces that have kept you from enjoying life. You can find balance in weight, even if it’s seemed impossible in the past.
Our evidence-based approach is a holistic one. That may mean a closer look at your hormone levels to determine if a hormonal imbalance is behind your weight gain. We’ll identify lifestyle changes that will help you lose weight and live a longer, healthier life.
If you’re seeking support through weight loss in Ladera Ranch, schedule a consultation with the experts at Med Lounge. We know we can help you achieve your goals and improve your quality of life.
Benefits of Weight Loss
Weight Loss Injection Services
The Med Lounge specializes in a variety of treatments, including injections such as Ozempic that target an area in the brain (called GLP-1 receptors) that help to regulate your appetite and how much you eat. We also carry a popular, effective and safe injection that suppresses appetite, in turn making you feel full faster. If you’re looking for a multitude of health benefits in an individual treatment, we also carry injections that can increase GH production, boost energy, increase lean mass, and also improve sexual health.
Weight Loss Services
This treatment targets an area in the brain (called GLP-1 receptors) that help to regulate your appetite and how much you eat.
A popular, effective and safe injection that suppresses appetite, in turn making you feel full faster.
This injection can increase GH production, boost energy, increase lean mass, and improve sexual health as well.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Returning balance to your hormones is only one aspect of fighting back against hormonal weight gain. Losing weight for good may also require improving your diet and eating patterns, increasing exercise, evaluating sleep quality, and addressing habits like smoking and alcohol. Stress may also be at play for weight gain, so your personalized weight loss plan may include finding ways to manage your stress.
As we age, our hormone levels decline. That typically coincides with higher body fat percentages, muscle mass, and bone density loss. You may also feel less like yourself over time, as ideal hormone levels are also linked to our mental health, stamina, and energy levels.
Hormone optimization is about replacing and adjusting your hormone levels to match how you want to feel. It’s about mimicking the overall health of your youth and is effectively the best way to embrace anti-aging. You can feel young again.
What to Expect from IPL Laser Treatments
- Do not tan before an IPL treatment. You should avoid sun exposure, tanning beds, and tanning creams for four weeks before your appointment for the best results.
- Don’t wax, get a chemical peel or receive collagen shots for two weeks before IPL.
- Avoid wearing perfume, makeup, deodorant, or any skin irritants to your appointment.
- Avoid taking drugs like aspirin or ibuprofen that increase your bleeding risk.
- Don’t take any medication that could make your skin sun-sensitive, such as the antibiotic doxycycline.
- Before treatment, a technician will rub cool gel on your cleansed skin. We’ll provide dark glasses to protect your eyes.
- Expect your session to last 20 or 30 minutes. Larger areas could run an hour or longer.
- Most patients are OK with the light pulses, but you might feel a minor sting. You may feel like someone is snapping a rubber band on you. If this concerns you, you can apply numbing cream 30-60 minutes before your treatment begins.
- You will be able to return to regular activities right away. However, you may need to adjust your skincare routine temporarily. Your provider will advise you at your appointment.
- Most patients see significant improvement within two to three weeks after an IPL skin treatment. The progress will be gradual.
- You may feel a sunburn sensation for 4-6 hours after your appointment. Applying ice packs or a cool washcloth to the area can help ease the symptoms.
- You may notice your skin appearing red, swollen or bruised for up to 48 hours. This initial reaction is normal.
- If your skin is sensitive, avoid using hot water until it heals.
- Signs of sun damage and brown spots temporarily darken. They will fade and peel off within a few weeks.
- Don’t use makeup on sensitive skin.
- Use plenty of moisturizing lotion.
- Shield your skin with sunscreen. It must be at least SPF 30 and have a physical blocker like zinc. Reapply it every 2 hours, even on cloudy days.
- Use a face cleanser for sensitive skin.
OptimizeU offers personalized treatment plans for both men and women looking not to reverse the signs of aging but age better, feel better and look better as they age. Available programs are customized based on symptoms and analysis of root causes of those symptoms to offer long-term solutions as you age.